Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bras for the Cause

Yes! I am serious.


Recently, I was at the hospital when I spotted a hot pink and black flier..."Bras for the Cause!" It caught my attention. It said, "Design and create an 'art bra' to help raise awareness about breast cancer."


Say no more...you had me at "art"!


So, I got to spend an incredible day with my friend Leslie, in her art room, creating a bra in honor of Jane. (This art room is wonderful!!! In December 2008 I gave you a peek into Tammi's art room. No wonder these friends are so inspired!!!)






We had gathered supplies and a bra and came together with ideas. A late entry into our ideas was "Boobs of Steel". It just clicked and we went crazy. We laughed and giggled and created. We think we have a winner here! You tell me...












If you live in Union County, please go to Carolinas Medical Center-Union on Thursday, October 22 from 7 am-5 pm and Friday, October 23 from 7 am - 12 pm to vote for our bra! (Yes! It is a competition.) For more information on this fund raiser, visit www.tickledpink4breastcancer.com.

No comments: