Thursday, May 22, 2008

There are no words...

This morning the first words I heard were from Ashley as I crawled into her bed to wake her for school, her radio playing softly, "Oh Mommy! Have you heard about little Maria Chapman?" (Youngest daughter of Steven Curtis Chapman and Mary Beth Chapman). It was 6:28 a.m. "No Honey. I have not heard anything."

"Mom, she was hit by the family's SUV. Mommy, she died."

I quickly looked up the article on the internet. I cried. Ashley and I prayed.

We have cried and prayed for the Chapman family, a family who is experiencing a depth of pain that cannot be put into words. We pray for God's grace, love and mercy to saturate their very being.

We, as a family, have been impacted by the music of Steven Curtis Chapman, but even more by the way he lives his life and the lifestyle of his family. Please join us in lifting up this family.
For more information, and to send condolences http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/


No comments: