Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Two CERTAINLY is better than one...

20 years ago today, my dream came true...I married my true love and my best friend.



I remember on our first anniversary I said, "Oh my gosh! I married a stranger. I thought I knew you so well when we got married, but that was just the tip of the iceberg." Now, 20 years later, I love to say that I am still getting to know new things about my guy. What an adventure!


Never, NEVER did I imagine what great treasures, and truths, we would discover on this journey. It has been really amazing. We have traveled the world together. We have seen dreams fulfilled. We have laughed. We have loved. We have cried. And, we have laughed and loved some more.


I'm not sure this is where I pictured us in 20 years...but then again, I never really "pictured" us. I just knew we would be having loads of adventures...together... that's all that mattered to me. Not sure what the future held, but knowing that God held the future.



So, when we reviewed our itinerary for Togo, we were pleasantly surprised to see that we had a layover in Casablanca, Morocco. (Yes! The same Casablanca as the movie.)


We looked at each other and said,



"Happy Anniversary Baby!"



Not only did we have a layover, Royal Air Maroc Airlines, put us up at the local hotel for the day. Oh, the life of a missionary...









So, needless to say, there is no need for the dream cruise to celebrate our 20th, no huge party. Our African Adventure was a celebration of a lifetime...and continues to be. We are one very happy couple that is more in love than ever. So blessed with our 3 beautiful children...it's so fun to say 3, three, 3!!!!!


We are intentional to see each day as a celebration and to thank God for the people that He has placed in our lives. Grateful for the places we have seen, the people we have met along the way and the lives that have touched ours. We are truly blessed beyond measure.

I'm excited to see what will unfold in the next 20 years...

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Anniversary my friends....that wedding picture seems like yesterday!

Amy Reece Spahr said...

so beautiful! congratulations!!! your faithfulness, perseverance, and commitment in prayer to see the Lord's promise fulfilled in Gabi is truly an encouragement and inspiration!
i hope one day i get to tell her how you fought for her.
i love you.