Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Wonderful Walk in the Woods


In October, a friend and I were able to get away to Atlanta for Country Living Magazine's Country Fair. We spent the weekend in Atlanta, and a FULL day at Stone Mountain @ the fair.







It was staged in the woods. Hundreds of vendors...

























Excuse me! A girl HAS TO eat...perfect fair fare...ribbon fries and a corndog...mmmmm!



My, oh my!


To say, "we were inspired", would be an understatement!



The whole time my mind was racing with ideas for design, decorating and crafting Christmas presents.





My "workshop" has been under construction with Hubs laying a new wood floor. However, I have still been working on a few surprises...inspired by all of this creativity!








In the midst of all of this, my heart delights...on so many levels!



First of all with creating...we are made in the image of God. He is the creator of all. So, when we create, we are mirroring just a tiny facet of God and that delights me!


Next, all of these particular items here have been repurposed.


I really love when someone can see something other than what appears before them. It's called having vision, seeing beyond the "seen". That is so God!


In the midst of our lostness, He has found us. He has redeemed us. Restored us. Repurposed us for more. That delights me. That brings hope.


He makes beauty from ashes. I am delighted. I am inspired.

1 comment:

The lady of the house... said...

ooooh, the eye candy was almost too much. and to think, you were THERE!! i can only imagine the ideas that were flying around your creative mind.....

i miss you.
and
i love you.
and your eyeballs. :)